Thursday, April 29, 2010

Accidents Happen


So, Wednesday, in the middle of getting lunch ready, packing, cleaning spilled chocolate milk off the floor, and other such disasters... I hear a loud thud. Followed by screaming. My first reaction is that something has happened to Katie, but Jake comes in the kitchen holding the back of his head and crying. I turn him around and see that it's more than just a bump, there's blood involved. After a momentary panic-attack I tell myself, "I'm the mom, I'm in charge, I must not show fear!" I grab a towel and tell Jake to keep it tight against his head, grab Katie, grab shoes for everyone, and head to the Urgent Care.
One staple, two lollipops, and thirty minutes later, everyone feels better so we celebrate by getting milkshakes at Baker's and renting a movie and game for the Wii. The day didn't turn out so bad after all...


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I'm so proud of your calmness. When I see blood on my child I have to turn my head away from her or my expression would scare her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't deal well with blood. Other bodily fluids are not a problem but thank heavens Billy has always been home for major accidents because I cannot deal with the kids being hurt. I'm glad you could be calm about it and figure out what to do, I probably would have run outside screaming before fainting dead on the grass. The chickens would have pecked my eyes out!

    ReplyDelete