Thursday, September 23, 2010

De-Funk-ified

So, I've been in a serious funk the past few weeks. Not anything serious, just dealing with a major lack of motivation. A friend of mine from church suggested I join her every morning at 5 am for an exercise class. Holy smokes! It turned out to be a Fitness Boot Camp! I have not worked out for 2 years - unless you count shopping for the restaurant during apple season! Needless to say this class is kicking my butt. Muscles are screaming in agony, "What are you thinking?" However, while the muscles are screaming, they seem to be releasing a whole bunch of happy thoughts in my brain! I love it! My funk has dissipated and I have more energy and the motivation is back! Yay! Now if I can just remember that when my alarm goes off at 4:30 tomorrow morning and I have to get off the heating pad I've been sleeping on. Lol

3 comments:

  1. heehee. Im in the same funk. I can't leave Dillon to go do my morning exercise with my sister in law at 5:30am. I have been useless all week except doing my visiting teaching, which has helped with the funk. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Sarah! I've also discovered Netflix. If you have a Wii or other gaming system, you can stream movies and videos instantly on your TV. There are a few good workout videos that I like in a pinch or a walk around the block works too! :) Hope you have a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you Melissa! I signed up for the local "race for the cure" 5k on October 16, and if I could find my motivation, I'd start training! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. I think I'll go set my alarm for 5:00 am and run tomorrow. If only I didn't have a snooze button! LOL!

    ReplyDelete